The Austin County Appraisal District (“ACAD or the District”) is seeking competitive sealed bids from
companies to provide orthogonal and oblique aerial imagery with an online interface, in addition to change detection services with geo-referenced building outlines for the area served by the District. ACAD is a political subdivision of the State of Texas and a special district created under the Texas state law for the primary purpose of establishing fair market values for use by various taxing jurisdictions located in Austin County. Those taxing jurisdictions fund the District’s operations through a statutory established formulas.
The District is requesting bids over a 6-year term with three (3) orthogonal and oblique imagery flights and change detection projects on a 2-year cycle, as well as three (3) additional flights of 3” orthogonal imagery on the alternating years for a total of 6 annual projects. The District desires to provide payment for the aerial imagery and change detection package in equal annual payments over a six (6) year period with the first payment due upon delivery of images and following payments due upon delivery of images for following agreed upon years.
COMPETITIVE SEALED BID SPECIFICS
The project will require orthogonal aerial imagery and oblique aerial imagery be provided in JPG, TIFF, ECW or MRSID format and delivered on a hard drive as well as served up through an online interface. The aerial images should cover the entirety of Austin County. ACAD will award the contract to the proposer who provides goods and services at the best value for the District.
PAREMETERS FOR SUBMITTING A BID
1) Orthogonal Aerial Imagery must be at least 3” resolution or higher covering the higher population areas of the County, specifically the Cities of Bellville and Sealy, and 6” resolution or higher covering the remainder of Austin County in the first, third, and fifth year of the agreement. In addition, orthogonal imagery must be at least 3” resolution or higher covering the entirety of Austin County (approx. 726 miles) in the second, fourth, and sixth years of the agreement.
2) Oblique Aerial Imagery must include North, South, East & West views and must be at least 3” resolution or higher covering the higher population areas of the County, specifically the Cities of Bellville and Sealy, and 6” resolution or higher covering the remainder of Austin County in the first, third, and fifth year of the agreement.
3) Online interface must be provided to access orthogonal and oblique imagery and include unlimited licenses with no additional cost for any local government entity access. Interface must support overlay of District mapping layers such as parcels, abstracts, and subdivisions. Interface must also provide measurement and analytics capabilities such as distance, area, and height measurements. Must also include a hosted WMS/WMTS for the orthogonal imagery to support integration with the District’s CAMA application and interactive website map.
4) Change detection will be for approximately 22,000 parcels and delivery must include ESRI shape files containing geo-referenced building outlines as polygon features. Change detection solution must also include an on-line interface with workflow management for reviewing change detection results.
5) All flight operations must occur between December and January. If the weather will not permit this flight schedule, ACAD will extend the flight window as necessary only if weather did not permit the scheduled flight time to occur.
6) Delivery of Orthogonal and Oblique Imagery must be within 90 days of the final flight date. Change detection delivery must be within 90 days of the Ortho and Oblique Imagery delivery. Selected proposer must notify the District of the final flight date within 5 business days.
7) Inclusion of a “funding out” clause that provides payment is subject to annual ACAD appropriation.
8) Prospective bidders must bid all aspects of the project in full.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF BID
Bids should include the following:
- The total project cost for all aspects of implementing the aerial imagery project.
- The annual cost breakdown over a six (6) year period of contract aerial imagery.
- The annual cost breakdown over a six (6) year period of contract change detection.
- The name, mailing address, telephone number and email address of the person representing the
aerial imagery company regarding the project bid.
CRITERIAL FOR SELECTION OF VENDOR
The District’s Board of Directors will select the vendor who provides the aerial imagery and change detection services that demonstrates the best overall value for the district. In determining the best value for the, the district may consider:
- Purchase price;
- The reputation of the proposer and of the proposer’s goods or services;
- The quality of the proposer’s goods or services;
- The extent to which the goods or services meet the district’s needs;
- The proposer’s past relationship with the district;
- The impact on the ability of the district to comply with the laws and rules relating to contracting with historically underutilized businesses and nonprofit organizations employing persons with disabilities;
- The total long-term cost to the district to acquire the proposer’s goods or services; and
- Any relevant criteria specifically listed in the request for bids.
THE AUSTIN COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT BOARD of DIRECTORS reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
FORMAT OF BIDS
Bids may be in any format offered by the vendor. The bids shall be signed by the representative of the company submitting the bid. Bids should be submitted to Barbara Lunsford, Administrative Assistant, in a sealed envelope at the address indicated.
Bids must be received no later than 2:00 p.m., November 15th, 2023, at
Austin County Appraisal District
Attention: Barbara Lunsford
906 E. Amelia St.
Bellville, Texas 77418
Envelopes must be sealed and market “Bid Aerial Imagery Project.”
BID NOTICE REQUIREMENT
The following notice will be provided to the Bellville Times on or before October 20th, 2023, to run in the next two publishing’s of the newspaper.
Sealed bids will be publicly opened and read aloud on November 15th, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. at the Austin County Appraisal District office located at 906 E. Amelia St. Bellville, Texas 77418.
The bids will be presented to the Austin County Appraisal District Board of Directors at the regularly call meeting scheduled for Thursday, November 16, 2023, at 8:30am for award to the successful bidder. The board reserves the right to reject any and all bids, and or table the award of a contract at the next available called meeting. Questions pertaining to this bid process should be directed to Barbara Lunford, administrative assistant, who can be reached by telephone at (979) 865-9124 during normal business hours. The Austin County Appraisal district appreciates your time and effort preparing your bid.